Punctuality & Participation :
Punctuality & Participation
All are expected to be in the school by 7.05 am.
1. No student should leave his/her class in between teaching periods without the permission of the class monitor in the absence of a teacher.
2. Students must participate in the various co-curricular activities.
1. Students should always greet their teachers, elders and friends in a pleasant and low tone of voice whenever they meet them in school or outside.
2. Running and shouting inside the school building is unbecoming and forbidden.
3. Students should be polite to one another avoiding the use of slang, loud talk and abusive language, Students should strive to be obedient to their parents and teachers, giving them always the respect and affection that is their due and accept their guidance and corrections with gratitude.
OUR WAY OF CONDUCT & RULES OF DISCIPLINE
1. Whenever individuals live together, discipline is necessary and, this is especially true of an educational institution. This discipline is formative, not repressive; it helps the students to develop self- control . This is the essence of a well-ordered and successful life. Therefore, the school requires mainatining a healthy school climate.
2. The warning bell before class is a signal for all to go to their respective class rooms. This should be done in silence.
3. All pupils are expected to be present for the assembly on time.
4. During recess pupils are expected to leave the class-room.
5. Students should be habitually clean and neatly dressed.
6. The school uniform is to be worn on all school days. A student who is slovenly dressed may not be permitted into the classroom or may even be sent home.
7. Students are expected to show respect to the members of the staff.
They should stand up and greet them when they enter a class as well as when they leave the classroom.
8. Students are expected to show gentleness and courtesy to their companions. Refinement should distinguish every student of this school.
9. To uphold the good name and honour of the school, students should behave in a refined manner wherever they go. They should always remember that the school is judged by their conduct. They should greet their teachers, be helpful to visitors coming to school and to the elderly they meet outside the school.
10. Enrollment in Sophia Convent Senior Secondary School also means that the students and their parents agree to abide by the norms and rules of the school for both personal development and for the health and welfare of the whole school community.
11. All students must make serious efforts to speak in English during school hours to gain proficiency in spoken English. Please encourage your child to read widely and wisely.
12. Running, playing, shouting and whistling inside the school building is not permitted.
13. Any pupil desiring to be exempted from P.T. or games must produce a doctor's certificate to the effect that he/she is physically unfit to take part in them.
14. Proper care should be taken of the school property and no pupil should scratch or spoil desks or chairs or damage any school furniture, suite or draw anything on the wall or in any way damage things belonging to others. Damage done even by accident should be reported at once to the class-teacher or to the Principal.
15. Any damage done will be made good by the one who has done it.
Anyone who sees something damaged should report the matter to the Principal even if he/she does not know who has done it No pupil should bring razor blades or any sharp instrument to school.
16. The name of the class and the section of the pupils should be duly marked on all his/her belongings.
17. The school is not responsible for articles or money lost. Students must not bring valuables (like elecronic gadgets, gold ornaments, expensive watches, fountain pens etc.) to school. No student is permitted to wear jewellery of any kind in the campus. Pupils below Class V should not wear wrist watches in the school.
18. As a preventive measure, letters addressed to the students may be subject to scrutiny by the Principal. Every student should carry the school diary with him/her everyday.
19. Parents/Guardians are not permitted to walk into classrooms or meet teachers during the class hours. Money should not be lent or borrowed nor should articles be exchanged among the students.
20. No collection of money for any purpose whatsoever is to be made and no meeting, demonstration, party or picnic be held without the prior permission of the Principal. This rule is also applicable to parties organised privately and/or outside school for selection, promotion, leaving school or nomination to any post. Under the same rule, any excursion, outing, visit including visit to a cinema for a movie in a group cannot be made without the permission of the Principal.
21. Parents are earnestly requested to make no personal gifts to our staff members.
22. Presents to the members of the staff or any gathering in their honour also requires the prior sanction of the Principal.
23. Cycles must be locked and kept only at the cycle stand. No vehicle should be driven in the school campus. While entering or leaving the school gate, one must walk instead of riding.
24. Those who go home by themselves should reach home straight without loitering on the way. Students are warned not to buy anything especially eatables from street vendors.
25. All applications for certificates must be made in writing. The certificates will only be issued two days after the receipt of the application.
26. Students will not receive private tuitions from school teachers without the permission of the Principal.
27. The Principal has the right to suspend or require the withdrawal of any pupil provided that she is satisfied that such a step is necessary in the interest of the school.
28. "All lasting education first begins at home." Parents are requested to check the diaries of the children daily and to ensure that instructions are being followed by their children properly. They must also spare enough time to assist their children in studies.
29. Mobile phones, I-Pods, MP3 players, magazines, calculators, radio-phones, cosmetic items, etc., are strictly-forbidden in the school campus. Parents must ensure that their wards do not bring mobile phones to school. If children are found carrying mobiles phone etc., the same will be confiscated and will not be returned.